Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Suspect cheating going on with the tests

Lately there have been people that pass the test and become builders but afterwards they do not know what to do.  Example: Yesterday poweroverload92 did not know how to pull up the map to go to his lot.  He did not even know what his lot number was.  This was after he took the test.  He did not even know that there was a map to pull up.  When I said that someone must of helped him on the test he stopped talking.   I have also seen several times people telling answers over chat when people that are taking them ask the questions.  Can something be done about this.

When the testers are told the answers then they do not know any of the rules or anything about Uncovery.  They then spend the next few days flooding chat with questions that can be found very easily if they had read the website in the first place.  I do not mind helping people but I believe that they should first read every thing and try to help themselves first before asking.  There has also been times when they ask a question and are told several times to read the website but they continue to spam their questions.

I am pretty sure that You are, in part, referring to me in your post.

As I said then, and I will reiterate now, the question asked  ("where is the map?" or a question to that effect) is not, to my knowledge, part of the test. Daiyamondo seemed to confirm this. Should I be wrong, I will happily hold my hands up, and not do it again.-

If You want to help someone to gain knowledge, then a little help here and there goes a long way. At no point do I advocate spoonfeeding newbies, but I don't object to helping them on their way.

No.  I am talking about that power took the test and registered his lot.  He then did not know how to find it, where it was, that there was a map, or how to get on the map page.  He did not even know what his lot number was.  How could he pass the test if he did not know, for there are a few questions that  one must be looking at the map to find the answers.  I understand helping them some but he passed the test and then was asking stuff that he needed to know to pass.

We have a couple of people here that were brought here by their friends, classmates, or even their parents (wink wink).

I know that many of them have had the test done by the person who was here first, specially when we talk about younger or even not native English speaking people. Then there is the issue of account sharing. You might be talking to someone who is not the account owner in the first place, but the brother/cousin/whoever of the person who passed the test in the first place.

In fact we cannot do anything to prevent that. The only thing we can do is to ban people that are settler and clearly do not know anything from the test - and ask about it in-game. The question "is this your brother's account" goes a long way since most people would admit to that. If they do, send me a screenshot and I ban them right away since account sharing = instaban.