Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Teh Auction Haus!!

Im thinking that when a user is banned, we roll a twenty sided die. After we kill the goblin king and level up the- sorry, wrong game.

When a user is banned, lets flip a coin: Heads- just reset the lot. But tails is when it gets fun. We have an online auction, usng uncs of course, to "purchase" the lot. But you must have an empty lot slot if you want it. the catch? You can either choose to have the lot reset if you win it, or you can keep it as is and get all their stuff.

Sounds interesting. But hard to do. Tricky parts:

• currently the lots are reset automatically when the lot expires. For this to work, we would have to keep it 'alive' for at least a week or so I guess.
  • if we keep it alive, the actual user might come back anytime and take it back
  • the amount of users who can get an additional lot is quite low in normal months. This would put a very low competition into the auction.

I like the idea of a potluck auction. I would recommend to come up with something else instead where there is more competition (=eligible users) and a smaller price so we can do it more often.

How about a hunger game for the banned users Uncs?!

Hmm... Maybe everyone can have up to 2 auction lots. Also, instead of expired lots, its only Ban lots

The problem with ban lots is what if they were banned for x-ray? Congrats, you just bought 3 chests of diamonds!

I could see this being taken advantage of.  What if someone uses cheats to get ridiculous amounts of items, sells some, and then sends uncs to another account by which they buyout the lot when the cheating account is banned?

I do think it is a very cool idea, though.

How about for the lots that they stay open for a week and during that time is it a free for all.  Have it that at a set time it opens, posting it on the home page to give everyone a chance at it.  Everyone starts at the spawn and then a mad rush for the lot.  No porting to or near the lot, using boats, or using anything that would give you an advantage of getting there faster then others for the first 4 hours.  Also what they have for sale gets put in chests around the lot in random spots but not hidden under stuff.  That includes their money.  Then after that week the lot is reset.