Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse

So I'm on the temp server, heading to Bugsy's farm to refresh myself. I see a skeleton horse on the roof. I laugh a little, how could such a horse be on the roof? Well, I go in and harvest a bit. I get onto the second floor and decide to look up and view the horse again through the glass.

Then BAM! Lightning hit the horse, now I'm staring at the four horsemen of the apocalypse!
I'm TERRIFIED to leave the place in case they see me, so I make this post with a screenshot.

Picture

As I'm making this post somehow all the skeletons caught fire (it started with the one without a helmet).
Now there are 4 skeletal horses to ride! On Bugsy's roof!

Luckily I had found a mob spawner before I stumbled onto this, so I grabbed my saddle and now I got one!
There are still 3 left! You can saddle them or just wait for more lightning strikes! A skeletal horse farm?! That's great!

Me on Jack

BTW: The lighting just hit without a storm, idk if it was uncovery trolling me or what, it seemed to happen eerily circumstantial. Just be careful if you see a skeletal horse at night!

Update: Okay, so I took my newfound dead horse on a joyride. I was merrily galloping through the hills. I saw a couple more skeletal horses. I thought that was interesting....

BAM! A skeletal horse I got close to erupted into the Four Horseman, again! The sun wasn't even set! Close though, it was dusk.

I run away and log off still on the horse.

So, as a warning: our temp spawn is set on a horse-spawning biome. This biome will spawn skeletal horses at night. Unless you want a challenging fight, stay the hell away!

Edit: The skeletal horse will turn into the Four Horseman at any point during the day!

I knew I made a good choice for the spawn :)

I set my hidey-hole some 400 blocks away and also got them twice.

Passive skeletal horses don't seem to despawn (just like any passive mob).. I don't know about the loaded ones :)

Skeletal Horses become passive only if they had already spawned the Four Horsemen. But best safe than sorry.

The Horsemen are a little non-threatening, however. They rarely chase you nd their "mount" of the horse can bug out, making it appear as if they are floating away from the horse.