Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

/tpa accept in nether

Hi, would it be possible to have it so that everyone (maybe not for elders or masters) has to /tpaccept in the nether when someone is trying to tp to them?

Thank you for the feedback. I don't understand the coding and technical side, so I apologize form my ignorance on that subject. I personally would request people with the /tp ability to not do a /tp request but simply ask me where I am. Sure that ruins the "Surprise", but it shows a level of respect to a fellow player.

I'm sure you meant no harm/foul sleepy. Putt & I had several people /tp to us in a quick succession. Many people don't like to give up their Nether cords for good reason, so Putt and I are just trying to play it close to the chest. Otherwise, I don't care when someone /tp's to me.

Thanks again.

well, people have to enable that others cannot just simply tp to them. So I would have to give everyone in the nether the command to switch tp'ing to them off. This is a priviledge we normally only give to higher level users.

What's the issue specifically in the nether that you want to have that? Remember it would not be enabled automatically. People would have to know about it, and enable it when they go to the nether.

Just sometimes if I'm over a lava lake building a bridge, and someone tps to me without my knowledge it not only scares me, but also inconveniences me because I may be trying to go quite far into the nether to have a "safe" darklands portal and may not want other to come and join.

hmmm yeah I get your concern. but I think the issue is isolated enough to not warrant a permissions upgrade. I am sure the amount of people tp'ing to you is limited, better talk to them :)

The Nether is a competitive place. The ability some users have to simply tp to someone that is 30k out and set a home is too large of an advantage. Not to mention, if someone is 30k out and creates a portal for venturing to the Darklands, all of those resources could go to someone that simply /tp'd to the hard working player that took the time to get that far out into the nether. I see the /tpa ability in the Nether below the rank of Master pointless and up for exploitation. I encourage Puttmutt's inquiry because I was with him when several people /tpa'd to us when we would rather not be found. Earned distance VS /tpa.

Are we really competing? I agree with Unc, I don't think its enough people or enough of an advantage to ask him to do that kind of work.

It's a game meant to let you have fun. If something like this is causing the game to not be fun anymore.....

Here is the thing: It is not technically possible to disable /tp and allow /tpa to players while they are in the nether only. As Unc stated, we would have to give all users the ability to disable /tp to them across the board, and this is not sufficient to warrant that. Note that even if you have /tptoggle only while in the nether, the setting persists into other worlds also. So this effectively grants everyone access to turn off /tp completely.

Also, there is no perms distinction between /tp and /tpa on the target's side. So it's all or nothing.

Basically, even if we thought it was a good idea, it just isn't feasible.

Have you tried speaking with the architects and/or designers who you feel have wronged you? It seems to me this is a social problem rather than a technical one.

I'll admit that I think I'm at fault here,I went invis and wore a skull,I had no idea what world they were in and they happened to both be at the location,just a little joke for some fun and games. I meant nothing by it. I'm sorry if I caused a big scare but neither of you died. I would of gladly replaced any items you had on you if I happened to cause your death. Sorry for that.

Tar and Putt, I can see where you're coming from, but most people who have the ability to TP already have homes saved out farther than 30k in the nether, and have no interest in your jacking your distance or stuff (through darklands portals etc). I know for myself, I don't have enough homes to have another nether location. :)

Just my two cents