Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Website IssuesVoting servers
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Voting servers

Hello,

There are more or less long-lasting glitches related to voting:

1. Server #5 (Minestatus.net). For several days it complained that there's no such Minecraft name; now it silently redirects to Uncovery voting page again after every attempt - no in-game effects.
2. Server #6 (PlanetMinecraft.com). Voting works, but no Minecraft user name field present, so no in-game effects. I know that user name can be specified, saw that on other servers.
3. The server that is mentioned on 'Vote' page (minecraftservers.net). After CAPTCHA is solved and button clicked, 'white screen of death' follows, no in-game effects.

Questions:
- do 1. and 3. any good for the server in their current erroneous state?
- can 2. be corrected, to specify Minecraft name?

Personally, I see no problem to vote without any in-game effects (as I do with PlanetMinecraft.com), provided there's any sense (i.e., Uncovery server is raised in the corresponding server's top lists).

Also, some of servers did allow voting more than 1 time a day. Perhaps they should be used as often as possible (i.e., add corresponding note), to raise Uncovery higher in ranks?

Thanks.

I think there is. Check it out. The sidebar has info on us and everything: https://www.reddit.com/r/uncovery/

Lol I did not know. This is VERY old. Do not even know who created it.
I do not want to create another platform to be honest. Our community is not large enough to be present on 2 different places.

If a server list does not ask for a minecraft name, I cannot change that. Voting there still helps somewhat because it ranks us higher on their list. So 2. cannot be fixed.

I just tested minestatus.net, seems to work fine.

I also just tested minecraftservers.net and there seemed to have been an issue with the settings. I tried to fix that now, will need to check again when I can vote again. If anyone of you can test it in the meantime and tell me if it works now to give you in-game credit, please let me know.

I tried minectaftservers.net, it accepted CAPTCHA/Minecraft name, but still redirected to

http://minecraftservers.net/server/5881/vote/

(white screen; it opens normally when entered in address field), no in-game effects.

Thanks for the response, I will check minestatus.net when allowed to vote again.

Checked: Minestatus.net works normally (also, they print a line that they have fixed Minecraft name checks).

(perhaps I should have posted OP a few days ago :)

Hello :)

@Unc, I was wondering if you knew which servers referencers sent us new users..

As far as I'm concerned.. I surely have forgotten which one decided me, I remember watching some of those but they all have similar names (except "planet", and it wasn't this one) and kind of look alike.

No.1: minecraft-server-list.com (by far)
No.2: minecraft-servers-list.org
No.3: minecraft-mp.com
No.4: minestatus.net
No.5: reddit.com

In the end, minecraft-server-list.com is giving us 90% of the users. I have already thought about making voting there required for certain things in-game and/or rewarding this one higher.

I did not have time doing this so far however.

http://minecraftservers.net/server/5881/vote/

Seems to work fine for me, it just has an odd completion redirect, if you try to vote again, it says you already voted.

You said Reddit was No. 5 I guess there's no way to reward activity on Reddit, but if there's a /r/uncovery' sub, perhaps we should encourage the active voters to also comment and post there to drum up interest.

There is no subreddit for us.

Anyhow I now applied to claim the subreddit so we at least have control over it and can remove the spam.