Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Welcome to Uncovery

These past 30 days we have had 29 people join. An average of 1 a day. A lot of new great players. Most of the time there is someone on at any given time to help the new players out. We always love to help. But for when there is no one on to help, I thought I would give a few tips that will help make your game play go smoother. There is a lot of information on this website but sometimes one can not find just what they are looking for.

Most helpful is the command, /help. This will give you a list of subjects that the commands are bundled under. There are a lot of commands so this can help faster than looking up what you want.

Please remember to set a home asap when you get to your lot, under /homes. This will save a lot of walking.

Pages to check out when not playing minecraft. The server shop. In game the shop is a great place to buy and sell items. This is under the home tab and is called Shop Manager. On here you can see what is selling, who is selling or buying, current prices. The shop is a good way to make in game money. More on in game money in a bit. Under the tab, Information, there are several interesting pages. User levels and commands will show what you can do at your level. The users page is always neat to look at. You can see how many lots one has, where those lots are, how long they have been playing and so on. Karma is a good one to see who has been nice (everyone). If someone has help a lot a + is a nice way to say thank you. Worlds tab, worlds description is another good one to look at. Please, please look at the darklands before going into it. More on that later. Help tab has the forums. Lot of interesting stuff there. My favorite is the "Faces of Uncovery" It is always fun to see the person behind the name, we also want to see you, if you want to that is. Next is real important stuff.

In game money. Good way to make this is by putting items up for sale in the shop. Look at stuff for sale on the website or hold an item and do /find. Another way to make easy in game money is to vote. Please vote for Uncovery. You get 100 Uns per vote and a random item. I have seen many people get diamonds when they vote. If you vote every day it adds up fast. One site does not give Uncs but please vote. With the other sites, 6, that give Uncs that is 600 a day. In a week it is 4,200, 30 days of voting every day and you will have 18,000. That does not count the extra Uncs you could get as an item. Once I saw someone get an extra 1,000 on their votes. It adds up fast and it helps get us up there on the server lists for more people to come and check us out.

Darklands, under worlds. This is real important. First, there is no porting in and out. You get in the darklands by 2 ways. One is the portal at City Spawn. Another is to make an obsidian portal in the nether. The nether is the only place this will work and it is one way only. No going back through this portal. To get back from the Darklands you can take the spawn portal back or your character can die. Keep in mind that when you die you lose all your stuff. Nether chests are very handy. The Darklands is a great place to find resources. There is a vast minecart tunnel system that connects to all the biomes. This saves a lot of walking. MooShroom Isle and the jungle are the longest rides. If you decide to tunnel out from the tunnels please block up behind you. Creepers are a sneaking around trying to blow up the tunnels. Creepers do damage in the Darklands when they explode. /kit minecart is a very handy command if you find that you are in need of one. On most days it is normal and night time in the Darklands. Fryday it is day time and will burn you. There are 2 other days different but that is under world description.

Please feel free to check out people's builds. We love to have visitors on our lots. There are a lot of great builds. Rome is a cool place to check out, in the city spawn area. Pineben's vast city in the Kingdom is a beautiful build that was put together by many people. If you catch him and ask, he might give you a tour. There is so much there to see.

Important. Zombies will tear down your wood doors and attack you with them. I think of them as very determined door-to-door sales men. Iron doors work very well. Zombies can not tear down iron doors, yet. Also, obsidian portals only work in the nether and take you to the Darklands, one way. You can make them in other worlds but be careful. Trying to go through them will bounce you back hard. The bouncing is fun but you can take damage.

MOST IMPORTANT: If you find an end portal in the darklands, please please do not go through it. This will jam you in a loop and you will get stuck until Unc, an Elder, or Master can get you out. To get to the end, please go to the city and type, /warp enderportal. Please read up on that world before going in.

I use to give out starter kits to those starting in the Empire and then stopped for a while. My supplies have been restocked and I have started up again on helping those that have just started. For those that have started in the past 30 and need some basic supplies, please let me know when you see me on. Seeds, some glass, coal, a set of armor and sword, some food. Empire is on hard and can be a surprise to some. I never played on hard before playing on this server, love it.

Last of all is our server owner, Uncovery. He is very nice and does joke around sometimes. He has been very busy lately but will come on and chat when he has time. He lives in Hong Kong so hours run a bit different then many that are on. But if you run last hours then there is a great chance you will see him.

If I missed something important please add it. I know, I am long winded but there is so much on Uncovery and I love this server. I know I forgot something but can not think of what.

So Build your Dream, make friends, and Happy Building.

Lighting strikes by me so I had to hurry up and hit enter. Lights flickered. Sorry if I made some mistakes.

Great work.

In paragraph 6 you surely mean "ender chest" instead of "nether chest".

Ah facepalm. Yes. I meant ender chest. Thank you.

Great introduction. May I add a couple of pieces of advice? --

Fellow players are always ready to co-operate; the only exception is the Settler test (see the explanations on site, under 'Join us!' menu). The last is very important: the test you should pass on your own. Do not ask for help in-game; if you persuade someone to assist, you both can be in trouble, up to getting banned. Really, the test isn't that hard, it's like a quick exam on what are the server rules.

Read site much and often. Almost all you need to know is published on site. Read much, and use searching, in case it's not obvious; if players give you links to the site while in-game, do read the links. Oh, and have I advised to read the site first?

The server welcomes co-operation. Please remember, if you are a PVP-style of player, please ask first and find proper place and time to do PVP with other players. Except for places where PVP is on and encouraged (you have read about the Worlds on site, haven't you?), co-operation is our style. You help someone when you can. Just because you can. Do not expect (let alone ask for) awards for your help, just help others - and get help in return.

Pay close attention to user levels. You get advanced by demonstrating your building and co-operation skills, your willing to assist others, and just your habit to be nice and helpful. Levels are earned by your in-game actions, there's no other way to get promoted. Please do help us to make the stay on server pleasant. We do not live in Minecraft; we all have real world and duties in it, and Uncovery is where we come to spend time with pleasure, to enjoy company of one another. You are very welcome to, as well!

And last but not least: please do read site often and much. That includes home page, where one can see the latest updates, they may be important.