Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

When did YOU join?

All this hype about 1.8 coming out made me realize that this will actually be the second time I get to experience it because I joined Minecraft right as Beta 1.8 a.k.a. "The Adventure Update" was released! It's been such a wild ride since then and I still love the game to death.
So what about you? Were you there since Classic? How about Alpha? Did you just start playing Minecraft yesterday? What was your favorite/least favorite addition to the game?

My first day of minecraft was my first day on Uncovery. I heard about the game and the server from a friend and have been here ever since. In between I have tried a few other servers but never stayed more than a few days.

Started playing the n00b edition around beta 1.2 I believe. Played a lot with friends back then, till I got the full game(maybe beta 1.3 or 1.4, can't remember). I started playing on servers, where I played a few days, got bored and never came back. After a while I found Uncovery, started playing and kept on playing :D. Still love this server as much as when I joined.

I've always hated the enchanting system and villager trading, it ruined a lot of the fun for me(you'll probably never find a villager on one of my lots) as it is too easy to get good/overkill enchantments pretty soon (in my opinion).

My favourite additions are probably pistons, hoppers and the flowers, new tree types and biomes from the 1.7 update.

I think I started right before the Halloween update, though all I did was mine dirt and build 1x1 towers out of it. Didn't get into the game until after the update happened.

I began playing Minecraft in Beta 1.8.1. I just looked at my Mojang account, and it tells me that I have owned Minecraft since September 30th, 2011. So nearly two years. Back then, I had an awful computer that could barely get you 2 FPS, but I still played as much as I could. I learned a lot about the game and became engrossed in the farming and survival aspects. Eventually I upgraded my computer, probably around Minecraft 1.2. From then on I researched the game more and more, becoming more involved and interested by the day. Sometime around July 2013 I joined Uncovery, and you all have been able to see my journey since then :)

As for my favorite addition, I would say allowing sheep to regrow their wool. I love all the new features (Even though I haven't really been keeping up with the crazy ones for 1.8), but that one was huge for me. Before that, you may as well shear a sheep and then kill it. After, I had so much fun making sheep farms with rainbows of sheep. Not a big change, but huge for me :D

I don't even remember what version I started playing with :) I checked and bought a copy of minecraft on 1st of October 2010... That's one month before I started the blog and when version Alpha 1.2.0, the halloween update, was released.

Beta 1.2 right before wolves were added.

I think I got a copy around early alpha or late indev. June or July 2010 I believe... Least favourite addition was mobs to multiplayer ;) . Just kidding of course. Honestly, it would probably be the hunger bar. My favourite addition would be the increase in the height limit.

I played Beta 1.8, hated it, didn't play it again until I discovered a modpack which I can't remember the name of (I think it may have been similar to Tekkit). I was back into playing Vanilla by around 1.2. I've loved all the additions I can think of but my favorite addition was hoppers and my least favorite was horses.

I started playnig minecraft in 1.6 beta, and been on and off it since, mostly on though :)

Official Release 1.2 or 1.3? I think I like the 1.7 Update with all the new biomes. My favorite new biome has to be the Roofed Forest

I came in around Beta 1.3 with wolves still not being in the game. I remember full block chests and how ironic it is that I swore I wouldn't play after Beta 1.7.3 because I thought 1.8 would "ruin" the game. Now I use potions with reckless abandon :3 My favorite things that have been added are pretty much everything that was in a mod before becoming official. ex: Pistons, Hoppers, Horses, etc. I never really liked Vanilla until I came to Uncovery and fell in love with all that could be done. Still play modded every now and then, but there's nothing like figuring out skyscrapers from dust.