Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Wither Arena Consultation

I would like to build a new wither arena. It should be harder than the current one. I would like to get some input from everyone about this. Please be serious about it. While I can understand that everyone wants to get the spoils of a wither fight for free, the arena is supposed to be a challenge.

So the questions:

• How big should it be? (blocks wide)
  • How high should the ceiling be?
  • What should the interior look like?
  • Any other features it should have?

Thanks for your input!

The wither arena as it is is pretty hard imo. But if you want to make it harder:

More holes. If the wither knocks you back, you fall.

About half off the height of as it is now so you can't run away that easily.

Less wide or the spawn platform pretty much dead centered. I think you are able to outrun the wither to get out of his detection range and snipe him. You will have to kill him with melee though at some point which lightens this problem a bit.

No Bacon

*Beacon

Want to make it more of a challenge,less hiding spots. Way less hiding spots. Its a bit too easy to kill it in my opinion when I can just hide under cover and barely take any damage.

Falling always has its dangers and its still hard to fall if you run from it. So a smaller arena can help with the challenge too. We only use the top spawn level so the other levels arent used unless we die first and it flies down below.

Lava patches, especially in corners or under levels to make hiding harder.

That would be a bad idea. People would just bring fire potions to the arena should they go close to it even if lava was a factor.

pistons on a clock that shift the floor every minute

The arena is made of bedrock because the wither can't destroy it. So pistons may be out. Clocks keep a constant flow of redstone. Redstone always on and changing will lag the server. Someone may forget to turn the clock off leaving it on. I don't mnow much on redstone but I've seen that pistons cause a lot of lag from that.

Pistons on a clock would be cool, technically impossible: The wither would detroy them, the load on the server would cause too much lag.

As a seasoned wither-slayer, I thought I'd weigh in... right now it is really easy to kill the wither for a number of reasons:
1) the walkways are very close to the walls, you can pin the wither in the corner and blast him in 2 minutes, tops. I would suggest that every "battlefield" be in an open section of the arena... easier to fall/be knocked off the edge.
2) the beacon. the beam of light is cool, but it makes the wither easier to kill.
3) the bedrock. I know why we use this, but it would be neat if some portion of the arena was destroyable and then when the wither was defeated it regenerated... I don't know how feasible it is, but it would make it much more challenging.

Would someone be willing to take this as a task? I would remove the current arena and you guys can build a new one out of dirt. I later convert it into obsidian.

Regarding the bedrock, what we can do is regenerate the lot every restart. Then we can have some or all of the arena made out of dirt and once every day it would be back in mint condition.

Unc, I will work on it... but just me alone will take time.

hmmm if it's only you, then let's wait until the PVP Arena is finished and do that then, ok?

Sounds peachy