Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

World Downloader?

As some people may know, there is an interesting mod called "World Downloader".

Link:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2520465-1-8-1-8-8-world-downloader-mod-create-backups-of

Using this mod could allow us to better map and plan our builds using Creative mode in a singleplayer world. One could download their builds, modify them in creative mode on a singleplayer world, then apply those changes normally on the server using the singleplayer world as a reference.

I was just wondering if there were any rules or any objections to me or other users using this on their server to download their own builds. I could see some conflict arising from users attempting to download other people's builds, so I want to make sure this is okay. Just checking :)

Thanks!

KingofthePigs_

If you do it, please ask the lot owner or creator for permission. If the user is not online anymore, please do not do it.

Sounds great! I'm only going to use it for my own. Unfortunately, the mod requires the seed for the server world, and I can see why you'd be reluctant to give that out. So, never mind, I guess.

@uncovery so I'm guessing I can't use this mod. Sure, but do you know any other ways I could somehow export my build one way or another? There are alternative methods like MCEdit schematics but I wouldn't want to ask you to do that just for my thing. Any ideas?

No, sorry, I never worked on this kind of stuff.

I used this mod when doing my builds,it actually doesn't need the seed of the world unless they changed it since I last used it. What it does is it downloads any chunks that you load around you and makes it into a world file on your side. You can have it on as long as you want and walk around the world and it will download it. But only the chunks YOU load. Not anyone else's. It doesn't support multiworld meaning,you can go from darklands to empire or kingdom to empire and expect it to download. You must save that file first before starting a new one. When doing this,it will put you into whatever mode you were in that world,Creative for Creative and survival etc on empire,kingdom so you must switch cheats on in single.

Yes, but once you have downloaded those chunks, how will you generate the rest of the world if you have no seed? I suppose you could just download your build's chunks then use MCEdit to put it into a world that seems compatible but you'll never get a perfect fit.

I suppose that works, then. If you only need your build for experimenting, then you don't really need the rest of your world. Thanks!