Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Item Drop Bug (Again)

Hi Uncovery,

I've been looking into the item drop bug that was reported before, and I'm almost positive it's being caused by the NoLagg plugin. The chunk-specific behavior, the fact that it's fixed when the plugin reloads, and the actual bug itself are all characteristic of NoLagg's item spawn protections.

What is supposed to happen, of course, is that those items are merely delayed a few ticks (defined by the updateInterval configuration option) before they appear. What happens to us is that they don't appear until the plugin refreshes fully, or the chunk is re-loaded. I don't know why the update isn't functioning as designed, as it simply halts all drops in the chunk once the limit is reached.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell if anyone else is reporting this bug, but there have been numerous updates to the plugin, including bug fixes (though he doesn't say which bugs), since mid-september. I think we should look at possibly updating this plugin to a more recent version to see if that alleviates this bug.

I just upgraded the plugin to the latest version. Please tell me if there is an improvement.

Yay!. Both of my auto-harvesting farms which would normally cause the bug now drop the right number of items, and lvasold and I have both noticed that rapid drops now cause items to be "grouped" on the ground, which is what's supposed to happen.

I think this one is fixed! Thanks, unc! =D

Well that sucks, the same bug was causing about 50 mushroom stew per day to appear on my floor from when I bought some soup. Not happening since you updated it.
=D