Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Bugs & Game issuesI WAS GRIEFED :(
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I WAS GRIEFED :(

hello, I was recently griefed. I figured out i was griefed on 11/23/2012. On lot p_17 emp. the building that was griefed is a castle....its hard to miss. FYI: contact if u need help finding but like I said its a castle and is hard to miss.

THINGS THAT WERE BROKEN?TAKEN?STOLEN: glass block lower level of castle...spilled lava. broken netherbrick in centerpiece of castle. nether brick stolen again in a dining room with chairs. when u go on the walkway there he/she stole  lapiz from the ground..

My House: u cant miss it.wooden with lots of wool. top floor they broke glass blocks. took my beds. last =ly, they took my hanging redstone lamps.

sincerely, thegypsyminer

PS: if u need hep or cant find something just ask :) also I hope you find who did this.

1. You posted that u was griefed on 11/23/2012.  It is 11/22/12.  When was the last time you was on?  A time frame is good to know.

2. It looks like you have 9 people that can work on your lot.  You need to look at those names.  A good rule is to only give permission to build when you are on.  Take away the permission before you get off.

kddk - registered 640 days, master

henmeister - registered 552 days, elder

xecaria - registered 296 days, master

psiber - registered 540 days, master

daiymondo - just a silverfish

fredde104 - registered 216 days, citizen

slash14459 - ban for x-ray

kirkey - shows to have no land

kaizzza7 - shows to have no land

Your griefer is most likely not a silverfish, master or elder.  Slash was ban for x-ray, I do not think he would of griefed before he got a ban.  I do not know fredde104 so I can not say anything about him.  Why do kirkey and kaizzza7 have no land?  Those would be the 2 to look at.

3. You will need to give the cords of where each item was taken/damaged.

I feel for you on getting griefed.  Someone that you trusted enough to let them build on your lot betrayed that trust.  I hope that they get a ban for doing this.  Nothing sucks more on a server then griefers.  May their computer get a virus and forever shut down.

In general, if you are griefed in empire it is viewed as  your problem.  You should not grant permission to people who you do not trust.

If you can prove that someone on your list is a griefer, such as by getting them to admit it, and you get a screencap, then we can go from there.  But as it stands now, I don't think we can guarantee that we can see who is responsible.  It's unfortunate, but we have to make decisions about where server resources for preventing griefing are allocated, to minimize lag and provide the best play experience for everyone.  As it stands,  in-depth logging to catch griefing in Empire (where all lots are fully protected and you grant access to people you trust) is not a priority.

The moral of the story:  Don't grant permissions to your lot to people you don't trust.   I hope we find who did this, too, but don't get your hopes up.  And to anyone else reading this, this should definitely serve as a cautionary tale.

Vixen, depending on the timezone they are in, it could very well be 11/23/2012.

NOUr a silverfish!

ok i completely understand az it;s my problem i know. i will be putting cords up where i was griefed.

i took away rights for slash,kaizzza and kirkey... i trust everyone else because they are architect or higher.

also fredde i removed

broken glass/stolen beds/ stolen redstonelamps= X: 39.45 Y: 66 Z 20.7

stolen lapiz : X:65 Y:63 Z:41

stolen netherbrick in the centerpiece: X:43.73 Y:64 Z:41

stolen netherbrick table : X:41 Y:63 Z:30

broken glass that spilled lava: X:26 Y:56 Z:43

I truly hope this helps :)

gypsy

No, sorry, does not help. I do not keep track of destroyed blocks in the worlds that are protected by lots. Only in the darklands and nether.