Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Bugs & Game issuesMinecart glitch out
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Minecart glitch out

Hi,

minecarts are even more glitchy than normal.
I have a villager pickup build which consists of an unpowered track ending in a 2 high glass corner to pick up villagers on the other side.

This worked well in the past.

I was away for 2+ weeks and today I lost 3 carts before giving up.
The first one glitched into the glass wall - then picked up a villager - then disappeared.
The second one glitched half into the wall and when i punched it once or twice (not enough to break) it just vanished.
The third one gliched into the wall and was instantly gone.

Even with extensive seach and relog I wasn't able to relocate them.

Ninja Edit: This is a total vanilla method to pick up vallagers and worked as well as carts in smp can work up until now.

May be connected - my perfect paper villager with paper on slot 9 - who was sitting in a cart in a hole - safe and sound for the last 20h+ of gametime glitched away, too. I invested at least 250+ emeralds into him.

I have resolved to some complex waterstreams with all the resulting blockupdates now...

To stay ontopic: On the Mincart Mania Reborn wiki I found that there is a config option "Minecart Collisions" which defaults to off and disables all mincart - block interactions.

I propose to set this value to on.
MM also has a command /mm info - which tells you how many carts there are on a track atm. I checked this multiple times yesterday and the value was always 0 or 1.

This server normally uses the Minecart Mania plugin. This alters vanilla minecart functioning in several ways. While for the past couple of months(?) this plugin has been off because the author had not produced a stable version for 1.6.4, a version is now out and is installed on the server. It seems likely that you've only been on our server since we've been stuck with regular vanilla minecarts, but this is not a normal state of affairs.

Among other things, the setup we use reverses the normal logic of powered rails (unpowered provides a boost, powered stops minecarts), and minecarts without a player in them are despawned after about one minute. This is documented on the minecarts page, but not everything is listed there exhaustively.

In particular, I would expect to break any setup that relies on 1) minecart entities persisting in the world or 2) minecarts reliably transporting mobs as they do in vanilla.

EDIT: Our configuration revolves around using minecarts primarily as a means of player transportation, rather than for any sort of clever automation, and to mitigate griefing/lag due to excessive use of minecarts.

It may be possible that we can adjust the configuration of the minecart plugin, but we'd have to have a good reason to do so, since that involves Unc taking his time away from other server admin work. Only Unc can say for sure.

Hi,

I can confirm that minecraft mania is the reason for this behaviour (booster tracks now work the other way around).
I have made 3 screenshots of my setup:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

The first one shows my villager pickup through the glas corner (it doesn't matter if these are solid or not). I push the cart into the corner and it should be stopped.
Screenshot 2 shows how the cart isn't stopped at all and glitches into the solid blocks.
In Screenshot I go close to the cart - which then disappears (may be glitched for 10s).

I do understand the reason behind the plugin but how do I handle my villagers now?
At the moments minecart do not collide with anything it seems.

Last Edit: The minecart mania building tour entrance has a sign "currently broken" - which is the case. Could this be fixed if we have to use this plugin at least?

You could just push your villagers.

I do not know how to tell you to handle your villagers, other than to say not to use minecarts. I know there are plenty of other users on the server who keep villagers, and minecarts are not a requirement, but I don't know the details of their setups. Perhaps some setup where the villagers stay where they are, and you use the minecarts to bring you to them rather than vice-versa?

The reason the minecart building is broken has to do with recent additional restrictions to minecart spawning - I guess no Masters or Elders have gotten around to fixing the building. I'll try to take a look at it at some point if nobody else does.

correct me if im wrong, but cant villagers be led around my leads??

not anymore.

If we turn this option on, as you suggest, the minecarts will collide with each other and with mobs, and bounce off. This is one of the biggest frustrations in trying to use minecarts for any kind of long-range transportation, and having it off is actually quite a nice feature.

What problem would be solved that outweighs the convenience of not having to worry about bouncing off a zombie or a cow on rail after traveling hundreds of blocks?

As to /mm info ... I am not sure what you are trying to report. /mm info reports many values, none of which is "on a track"... And why would 0 or 1 not be a valid number?

I just wanted to imply that there aren't a ton of active minecarts on the server at any given time so additional lag by the collisions should be minimal.

I get the bouncing off part - if this setting was set to be off by a conscious choice I'll just adopt...

One last question - is the minecart mania tutorial building closed because it is really broken or just not reopened after reenabeling the mod? Last time I checked the entrance teleporter was disabled with a sign beside telling so.

As soon as we get spawner blocks back the building should be working. Not only the entrance but basically every example demonstration in the building depend on spawner blocks to work, so it's pretty much useless real estate until they're fixed. XD

I did submit a patch yesterday that should fix the spawners, so if I got it right hopefully we'll have them back pretty soon.