Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Use spawn portals, and /spawn command with caution

The /spawn command and spawn portals are sending people to places other when their home. I went to /spawn and I am at -789, +795 but still in the city. I see cows and no buildings. Others have used the spawns and have gone to crazy places, some died. Use them with caution.

I think this was something temporary. Please tell me if the problem still persists.
Please give me a full report of one single command, where it should take you and where it actually took you.

I took the portal labeled empire at the city spawn (x 939 y 65 z -803) and it took me to Empire lot w_24 at (x 939 y 65 z 803, where i promptly dropped 3 blocks into the water).

I walked a bit to (x 939 y 67 z -767) typed /spawn and it took me to the city at (x 969 y 67 z -776, I then fell to y 63 where the ground is)

I took the portal labeled empire at the city spawn again (x 939 y 65 z -804) and it took me to Empire lot w_24 at (x 939 y 65 z 804 where i dropped 2 blocks to land)

I typed /spawn and ended up at city x 969 y 65 z -804 with a black screen, according to Ticktockprince I was stuck in the bottom of the empire portal I ended up at city x 969 y 63 z -804)

I started noticing a pattern.

So I tried /spawn while stuck in the blackness that was the bottom of the city's empire portal and ended up where /spawn should take you. and then tested one of my /homes

I tried /home h (the /home I use to take me to my storrage room in empire) while standing at /spawn (x 961 y 64 z -810) it took me to a dark place where I started to suffocate, I quickly typed /home h again and it took me to the correct location.

My conclusion

The portals and /spawn appeared to change my world, but not my location. So if you were at 0,64,0 in empire and typed /spawn it would take you to 0,64,0 in the city. However if you are already in the world the command appears to take you to the correct location. ( I tried some of the same type of tests with my /homes, I included them below) If my /home was in the same world it would work, but if it was in a different world it would take me to the same location in that world.

Thats good input. This means that something must be preventing you from teleporting from one location to the other. Let me check if I can fix this. I recently updated the clearlagg plugin, maybe it has something to do with it.

I tested all portals at city spawn

The draftlands portal and the flatlands portals appear to work as they should.

the rest of the portals drop you in the correct world but put you at the location xyz that you were at in city

The kingdom portal will suffocate you

the nether portal drops you in lava

the aether portal lands you on a tree

the skyblock portal drops you through the void

the darklands portal puts you near a river, good for fryday

Ok this is sovled now. There was an issue with spigot interfering with how NoCheatPlus works. Updating Spigot did the trick.

Still glitching. I went to spawn city then it sent me far away.

ok fixed now.