Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Are Armor Effects Working?

So this has been an issue for quite some time now: armor isn't holding up like it would normally and it seems the modifiers (such as enchantments and armor type) have a significantly decreased affect on the damage received. *Note* this also appears to change across world types because of difficulty setting: the higher the difficulty the more damage you receive, which is understandable but quite the variant when testing.

This will require extensive testing, and I need several users to help me. I have received input from about four others on this matter.

*The only person who didn't seem affected by Test 1 was Sepengo, even at difficulty 3.19 (nether).

Test 1: Control parameters are: "non-fatal" 22-block drop, difficulty setting is at 3.00 (Empire), all diamond armor type.

Feather Falling 4 boot enchantment is the only worn item. Result: .5 hearts remain
Feather Falling 4 AND protection 4 boot enchanted worn. Result: 2-2.5 hearts remain

(now to private server with same controls)

Feather Falling 4 boot enchantment is the only worn item. Result: 4.5-7 hearts remain
Feather Falling 4 AND protection 4 boot enchanted worn. Result: 5.5-8.5 hearts remain.

Test 2: Control parameters are: running through fire with various tests on diamond armor with fire protection 4, set at local difficulty 3.

1st attempt I tried with no armor: 10 ticks (of fire) and 6 hearts remain.
2nd attempt I tried with pants: 4 ticks, 9 hearts remain
3rd attempt I tried with boots: exact same results

(now to private server, same tests done)

1st attempt I tried with no armor: 0 ticks, what?! I didn't catch on fire. 9.5 hearts remain.
2nd attempt I tried with no armor but walked this time so i caught on fire: 9 ticks and 6-6.5 hearts remain
3rd attempt I tried with pants: 4 ticks and 9-9.5 hearts remain.
4th attempt I tried with boots: exact same results

I have a few more tests to conduct, but the results so far show a very significant difference in feather falling.

** I did not have any other class of gear to try on Uncovery, but I assumed- from diamond boots with feather falling 4 offering NO protection from falling- that testing with other armor types was futile.

I plan on conducting a few more tests on the impact of blast damage, arrow damage, and plain old zombie punches.

I used this page as a reference: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Armor#Enchantments

Hypothesis so far: There is an obstruction with the feather falling 4 effect. I have been told that protection 4 and diamond armor might also be defective. This would probably be an issue from where the Enchantment Protection Factor in the code is affected, probably by a plugin.

So I experimented next with zombie punches and Protection 4 diamond armor, with Thorns 3.
I made sure i tested against zombies without weapons.
**Armor is referenced as half an armor icon, totaling to 20 armor**

No protection, naked: 2-2.5 damage per hit
Without protection, but unenchanted diamond chestplate: 1.5 hearts damage per hit.
With protection 4 chestplate only (8 armor): 1 hearts damage per hit and Thorns 3 did work
With protection 4 chestplate and Boots (11 armor): 1 hearts damage per hit
With Protection 4 Chestplate and Helmet (11 armor): .5 hearts damage per hit
With Protection 4 Chestplate and Helmet and Pants:.25dmg per hit

(now to personal test world, set to same difficulty)

No protection, naked: 2-2.5 (same outcome)
Without protection, but unenchanted diamond chestplate: 1.5 (same)
With protection 4 chestplate only (8 armor): 1 hearts damage per hit and Thorns 3 did work (same)
With protection 4 chestplate and Boots (11 armor): .5 hearts damage per hit (different outcome)
With Protection 4 Chestplate and Helmet (11 armor): .5 hearts damage per hit (same outcome)
With Protection 4 Chestplate and Helmet and Pants:.25dmg per hit (same)

Conclusion: Okay, something is definitely up with boots, but is it diamond or all types? Does it matter if Feather Falling is applied or not?

Uncovery: chest and boots, protection only, no feather falling: .5 hearts per hit
AHA! It is just feather falling! When boots are enchanted with feather falling 4 on Uncovery it somehow makes the boots have no armor effect* whatsoever.
*Armor effect as in the armor accounted for on the person, aside from enchantments.

Now for Testing with Iron and other armor types...

After brief testing its concluded that feather falling 4 is noneffective across all armor types.

Ok, weird. Let me see if I can find a plugin which might be affecting this. Thanks for the testing.