Here are some updates on 1.8 plans:
- Sounds like 1.8.1 will be out on 8th September. At that moment, I will put up a temporary vanilla server on a different port with a temporary map (which will later be deleted) to run parallel to the current server. People will be able to try 1.8 until the most important plugins are working with 1.8 (Whitelist, protection etc)
- It also seems the map changes will be dramatic. If that is really the case I will create a new map with 100×100 lots. New lots will all be registered on this new map.
- The old map will continue to exist. People who have a lot can keep it there. If you want a lot on the new map, you have to give up a lot on the old map.
- I will write some code that will allow people to abandon their current lot and register on a new one in the new world. This allows for a fast automated process. However there will be no transition time where you can have both lots. If you can find a place where you can deposit resources such as a friends lot, kingdom plot or if you already are allowed to have several lots, you can use that to take along goods by depositing them there before moving to the new lot. I will not compensate anyone because you forgot to take stuff, if your friend took it or whatever.
- The old world will stay as it is. We will use it to grow the city. Very nice builds will remain and be integrated into the city as it grows.
- Skylands will stay as it is.
- There will be a new kingdom world. I will try to move all kingdom builds to a new world over the coming weeks. Please continue building in the current world until your structure is moved.
- Nether will be reset.
Please note that I am on another business trip from 12th to 16th September and will have very little time to do anything during that period.