Note: All of the below things will happen when this server is updated to 1.9 and if there is no strong indication that the maps will change fundamentally again within the next couple of weeks.
I have now started to prepare the website for the new world generator. These are the decisions:
- We will have a new map, called “empire” with 400 128×128 lots (20×20 lots, A1-T20, 2560 x 2560 blocks)
- I have created the lot files already and you can preview how this would look like here. The map that you see there is only an example. The lots are the important part.
- This map will be re-generated with a mixed water/land seed once we have a more stable world generation system. I strongly hope that this will happen with 1.9 and not later.
- We will get another map called “city” in which the city will be. Duh. Spawn etc will be there including all great builds from the contests and other nice stuff from the lots.
- That city map will be 1280×1280 blocks large only in the beginning or so. That should enable us to expand the map further in a later stage with newer world generation systems so we need only to smoothen the borders instead of regenerating the whole place.
- New lots would be given out only in the empire. People can abandon their old lots and move over. Nobody gets more lots then now, and nobody can get a new lot in the old ‘world’.
- What to do until then? Mine your lot. Ask to have it transformed to 1.8 version. Take part in the current contest.
1.9v2 will come out this week. If that version does not crash, I will setup a temp server again with a TEMP map. Yes, I will delete it afterwards, no discussions. So don’t spend too much time there!
Next week I will be on holiday and only on the internet 1-2 times a day (diving!). If 1.9 final comes out then, it would have to wait until 10th October. But anyhow we would have to wait for Bukkit & plugins to be updated, which would take until then anyhow.