I am planning on a voting lottery, and there should be some interesting prizes instead of the cake all the time. What I have to figure out is what prizes to give and how likely it should be to get the prizes without cluttering the whole thing up with too much random stuff.
The way it would work is the following: You vote for the server and draw a random number between 1 and 100. Then there will be a table that will determine what you won by the number you got.
Random example: All numbers 1-50 will get you a cake. So you have a 50% chance to get a cake. In that principle there should be items to get, and how likely they are to appear. Stuff that I would think are interesting to give away are:
- a random amount of XP, between 10 to 100 (chance 10%)
- a cake (chance 10%)
- a tripple-enchanted diamond pick (chance 5%)
- a diamond (chance 5%)
- a diamond block (chance 1%)
- a piece of coal (chance 1%)
- 1000 Uncs (chance 1%)
- nothing (chance 2%)
- a random monster egg (chance 10%)
- a random animal/npc egg (chance 15%)
- an iron ingot (chance 8%)
- a random amount of uncs between 100 to 500 (chance 10%)
- a cookie (chance 5%)
What else would be interesting or fun? Everything should add up to 100% of course. It should be fun and exciting but also rewarding.