I have been observiing the progress with bukkit several times a day now and in the meantime updated it at least once per day, if not twice. While they have been fixing many quite big bugs, some of the big ones are still there. My decision is still to wait for a recommended release since I do not have the time to sit behind the server console 24/7 to make sure that it does not crash and mess up our world files in the process.
I will be leaving for a trip tonight (my second week of summer holidays, yay!) and be back on Sunday. In the meantime I most probably wont have the time to upgrade the server. I strongly hope that we will have a stable build until the end of the week though so I can upgrade then. If you want to watch a fancy graph showing the bug fixing status, check here.