We have the jungle contest right now and it will end soon. For the next contest (and I do not know yet what it will be), I will be giving out real winnings. To be specific, I have 3 games in my steam inventory that I got as bonuses for buying other games:
- Portal (1 copy, from 2007)
- Bioshock (1 copy, from 2007)
- X-Com Enemy Unknown (1 copy, from 2012)
- DotA 2 (10 copies) from Sleepystrangekid
- 25 USD from KidCodiwise
- 25 USD from enkl0001
- Minecraft (1 copy) from lilroc
- Terraria (1 copy) from JoBilly
I decided to give those away. So what I will do is the following: There will be a build contest. I will make a proper ranking, regardless of user level. Then, the top user will have the choice to pick either 1 of the games, or pass (in case he/she does not want it or has it already). Then the next user in the ranks will be able to to the same for whatever is left over in the list. Of course, we will still do an additional tiered ranking as usual and hand out rank upgrades!
I have received emails from users who want to contribute. So here is how:
- Either you have a game in your steam inventory that you do not use anymore and pledge to give this to one of the winners. I then add this to the list here. Once there is a winner, you will give the game to the winner who chose that reward.
- Or you want to contribute cash via paypal. You simply by another donators level and send me an email that this is for the contest instead of a donators level. I will add all the money together. You can give any amount you want, big or small. The money will be another optional prize for the winners to chose from. However, the winning user has to pick a game on steam from that money. If there is more money than the game is worth, the rest stays on the rewards list for the next one to chose. If the money left over is too little to buy something from, it will go into the next contest. We will most likely determine a max prize range for the game to be bought.
The next thing to do will be to wait until the server is updated and then to decide on what the next contest will be. Suggestions welcome!