I have now created a new world, dedicated for the planning of Mega-structures to be built in the Kingdom: The Draftlands
The primary incentive was to have a world where worldedit can be used. I made some intensive tests and discussed with Elders how to pull this off. So far Elders have been running private, local servers to do planning, and the lack of 100% backups and the complexity of running a server in general caused some issues that made me decide to host this service here directly.
As a result we now have a map that has the same lot structure as the kingdom. I highly discourage casual buying of these lots, which is why I put in the following limits:
- The lots can be bought by Elders only
- The lots are expensive (50k for a main lot)
- You can get only lots where you have the same coordinates on the kingdom already
However, there are also upsides:
- Elders can use WorldEdit (with some small limitations)
- It’s creative
- You can copy your kingdom lot as-is over into the same spot to work on it (still to be enabled)
- Elders can add lower level users to the lots
Before you complain now about not being an Elder and therefore not being able to use Worldedit: Even with the limitations that are possible, WorldEdit is dangerous. It is not possible to 100% prevent effects outside the own lots. There are numerous ways to make the server lag off everyone or even crash it. So I want to restrict this to the people I know well and where I know they can stand up for anything that happens.