In order to give lots back, there is the general question about the mechanics of what can be given back and what that actually means.
Giving back a lot finally means that it should have a quality that justifies the lot to be preserved and never be reset. It’s therefore the same requirement as a winner in a building contest. I plan to enable some sort of a judging process as for the user promotion voting process. So we need to make a list of judgement criteria that allows people to vote on a build by answering the same questions for any possible submission. Possible ratings are:
- Detail level
- Good use of land/space
- Theme (does it have one?)
- Natural fit with surrounding/landscape
- Others Options?
I would think that a minimum score in each category would be required. On top of that, a sum of all scores should be required as well, and that one should be higher than the combined minimum score of all together. Then we would ask for people to vote on it. But who?
- Only people of a higher rank can vote
- Anyone can vote, but give different influence to lower ranks
- Other options?
Once a lot has been given back, the question comes what will be the reward for that. Again, different choices:
- The right to get more kingdom lots (as written in the update to the previous post)
- Simple rewards (a home, a deposit box etc)
- A rank? While I think that the current ranking system is a bit more for behavior (i.e. being responsible enough to be able to ban others), we could introduce a new “virtual” rank that is mostly cosmetic with a point system. That rank would make someone am “Architect 3” or three star-architect for example. Each star rank would be incrementally more difficult to reach. So one lot given back would make you a 1-star, 5 a 3-star or something like that. It would show up as a prefix or suffix to the name. Essentially it would be like the achievements but it would be very very visible and carried across current ranks.
- Anything else?