Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Animals Disappearing.

So for the fourth time since I've been on this server My animals have disappeared. At first I kept thinking someone was killing them.  But it has happened 2x this week alone. After the first time this week I closed off the area so only I could get in, there is no way for the animals to get out. Then I came on today to find them all gone again. Someone suggested that its possibly a bug with a certain plugin. Though losing the money and the dyes sucks, i don't really care about that it's just frustrating it keeps happening and I can't do anything about it, but continue to replace them. Help?

I had the same thing happen last week. I'm 2 lot's away from butiful. All the sheep were enclosed and couldn't get out. I logged on one day and found only one out of about 15. I know we've had this problem before....is the animal killer out striking once again??

Lots of things to consider, like light level, openings to the outside, and evil neighbors.  I would say to put them in an entirely closed off cage of dirt.  Flood it with torches and make digging out a few blocks of dirt the only way to get in.  Then, reconsider who has permissions on your lot.  My animals are all underground and they haven't had any despawning issues.  So while I can't say for sure that the animal killer is plaguing your pens, it's a decent guess.  Good luck!!

I have whats my light level and the light is very high in the entire pen. They are in a stone encasing under my house, so no one else could possibly get in and they could not get out.

Maybe the problem is that you have them so caged up? I mean, If I was a sheep I would want to roam the countryside, not be stuck in some pen.  They probably feel mistreated in some way and just ran off.  Treat your sheep kinder, and they will stay.

Consider if someone with enderpearls can get into your house.

I have done the same. My pen is rather large, (ridiculously so) and it is completely caged off, with bright lighting. There is all grass, I even tried putting in water for a while. No matter what I do this problem keeps occuring, and I ave been a member for quite a while. Try underground?