Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Bugs & Game issuesconnection lost
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

connection lost

I am checking to see if this is a problem on my end or the server. For the last 2 days I have lost connection to the server often and experienced lots of lag.

This is on the server side. There has been some issues with running the temp server. It started about a week ago. Lots of lag and the server kicking everyone on the main and temp server.
Don't worry it's not just you

Thanks.

Well maybe we should just stick to the 1.4.7 instead of keeping a temp 1.5.1 because maybe running 2 worlds is too much. Just saying I know it's a bad idea to the ones that just permanently updated to 1.5.1 but If it makes the server run better.... It's a possibility. Sorry just ranting

Sent from that apple thingy!

but the thing is that we've run two servers many times before without this issue. even when we had the not as powerful main server. It has to be something deeper than that imo

I am worried that the 1.5.1 takes much more processing power for droppers and all this kind of stuff.

It's possible all the many small items that they added in in 1.5( droppers hoppers day light sensors)

Sent from that apple thingy!

Could the problems with the server be related to the DDoS attacks that started on the 15th?  The problems I experience seem more I/O related than memory or processor.

SleepyStrangeKid shared the following:  http://www.infoworld.com/t/security/fix-your-dns-servers-or-risk-aiding-ddos-attacks-215510

I am running a server myself (for private use) and having identical issues myself ever since the 1.5 update I only have 8GB RAM dedicated and have had 5 school friends on at once (6 total active users simultaneously) and even with 1-2 users it still is causing similar problems. I haven't detected where issues lie exactly but it seems to give me better performance when my server is not in online mode, so I am wondering if it's minecraft.net being involved? It's been driving me crazy too. This has been an issue in both bukkit/vanilla based servers for me.

Let's shut down the temp server!

I have been using bukkit 1.5 dev. jar and seems to be working good.

So anyones guess.

I have had 5 people on at once and messed with tnt(big bombs) and no problems

I lost my pants...

@sockso

I'm supporting your proposal.

What if the server doesnt stop lagging even when it is taken down?

What if it does? It's worth a try. It can always be put back up

If it does,then I blame codi.