Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Downgrade to 1.5.1 caused problem - Please Help!

Since downgrading to 1.5.1 to access the server it has kept kicking me out after 1 or 2 mins every time with the following message:

"internal exception: Java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error"

I have tried deleting/downloading minecraft again deleting absolutely everything beforehand, disabled/enabled my wireless adapter, reset the router and troubleshooted the java program but had no luck. Please help me as I'm pretty much stuck with this.

So frustrating, I want to be back on the server.

Just to add that I did not have any mods installed or skins or anything. Just minecraft as it comes when it's first downloaded.

Only thing I can think of that happens is that your computer itself is kicking you off and your connection or lag from ingame. Only time I get that message is when a lot of programs or tabs in browser are open. Try shutting down everything except minecraft and see if that helps. What program are you using to open minecraft? The original download from minecraft.net or something for switching out jars like magic launcher?

Try downloading the new official launcher from Mojang website. I haven't yet but I've heard you can easily downgrade to previous versions. Maybe you have a corrupt .jar or something

The problem first occured in the original launcher. I've tried minecraftdev.exe from the Mojang website and the problem is still there. The only tab open is this and I never have any other program open whilst playing Minecraft as my laptop has a tendency overheat otherwise.

I might try shutting down completely to see if it's a one off problem as I always hibernate this thing.

That didn't work :/

I wish I never upgraded this now.

What I would so is (if you can't have a single player world you care about) delete every single file related to Minecraft and then download the new launcher from Mojang. Start completely fresh

I did that already, I backed up my worlds first though XD.

I just unistalled an old version of Java even though I also had the most recent version, too. Is that supposed to happen?

Just runnung defrag right now and will test mc in a bit.

Try these suggestions: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1416154-how-to-fix-internal-exception-javanetsocketexception-connection-reset/

Thanks Sean, I will refer back to that if I test it and it still doesn't work. Everything on that page is extremely relevant to my problem.

Thank you guys for your help. It has really paid off as I have managed to fix the problem. Karma's on the house guys.