Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGame: MegaprojectsEmpire Subway Project
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Empire Subway Project

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Participants so far (green lots):

Thanks leizh, there were some more people who have said they will help, but have not posted here, I have modified your file, but I would love to know how you made it so I could easily keep track of the lots, I am using an excel file right now.

This is what I have so far, as you can see there is a nice chain that just needs a few lots to go real far.

Thank you everyone for your help, and the subway from spawn through lots q 16 p 16 and p 15 should be ready as an example in a few hours.

Me, it was based on Unc's 2d map. I used Chrome's developer tool to remove the background map, shrink lot size to 1/4, adjust texts/colors, etc. Just open Chrome, go to the 2d map, open the developer tool (right-click on the page and choose "Inspect Element"), go to the "Console" tab, paste the following code, and hit enter. The first line is a list of green lots so you want to update it.

Here's the code for you:

var subwayLots = [
  // Update this list
  "c22", "k17", "l22", "l23", "l24", "m22", "m23", "m24", "n22", "n23", "n24",
  "p11", "p12", "p13", "p15", "p16", "q16", "q18", "r9", "r17", "r19", "t24", "u19", "ad10"
];
$("#image_box").hide();
update_positions = function () { $("img.marker").hide(); };
$("div:first").hide();
$("#outer_box").css({ top: 0, left: 0, color: "rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)" });
$(".outerframe").width(31).height(31).css({ "text-align": "center", "line-height": "31px", "border-color": "#ccc" });
$.each($(".outerframe"), function (i, f) {
  $(f).css("top", parseInt($(f).css("top")) / 4);
  $(f).css("left", parseInt($(f).css("left")) / 4);
  $(f).text($(f).text().split("_")[1].split(" ")[0]);
});
$(".whiteborder").css({ "background-color": "#ddd", "color": "#aaa" });
$(".blackborder").css({ "background-color": "#999", "color": "#555" });
$(".redborder").css({ "background-color": "#faa", "color": "#f33" });
$(".yellowborder").css({ "background-color": "#cb9", "color": "#773" });
$.each(subwayLots, function (i, lot) {
  $("#EMP_" + lot.toUpperCase()).css({ "background-color": "#7f7", "color": "#000" });
});
$("#EMP_Q17").text("Spawn").css("background-color", "#9cc");

Thanks leizh, I would never have thought of that.

I now have a working station on my lot, you can see the signs I used to prevent collisions.

Also I am happy to announce that lot p 14 has been claimed by new architect EternalDarknes0 and while the subway does not have rails that extend that far yet you can walk almost all the way to lot p 12 in the tunnels.

Check out this link for help in programming the system http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/minecartmania-reborn/pages/stations/

And thank you to Uncovery for the spawn subway tunnels.

I'm fine with it if it ever passes me, although I'm very busy with other stof. XD

Update on the subway

The blue lots are connected to the subway right now with exits and stations and all!
the dark green lots are under construction :)
and the green lots have said yes to helping

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iZgzqsh.png[/IMG]

It's going great guys, anyone else who wants to help please tell me.

and thank you Uncovery for connecting spawn

Nice progress!

I saw Unc working on the spawn just now. :)

I'm in u7,u8,t7,t8. If the project ends up reaching out that far northwest, I'll gladly help expand it.

Oh, in addition to T24, I also have T25. And I think I can persuade my little brother in U25 to join too.

Updated code: Gist

Updated Map:

Time for another update, as you can see its going well.

light green have said yes
dark green have started building
blue are built and/or connected

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QktT59U.png[/IMG]

I'm M15 - already built the east-west tunnel (still have to decorate it) on the southern edge of my lot (lvl 41).

Emp_c18 is my new lot. If it ever gets there, along with my emp_c22, I'm all game. I've already completed c22, so I will begin construction on c18 when it gets a bit closer.

My plot id emp_p29 and I would like to participate in this project as well, I am ajacent to Alistairi401

I would love to help! Lot t_15!

Updated Gist.

When one hits my lots then I will continue it. Got some neat plans for it. ?Not going to tell what. No no, not going to tell. It will be a surprise.... or I will mess up and die a horrible death. But that will wait til it is time to build. :) *Typed all this while thinking of the song, "They're comming to take me away." Love that song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-lJZiqZaGA

lot: emp_q19

I am done digging,
Need to: Lay tracks, make exit's and to get q18 to connect tracks all the way to me

Bookmarklet

EDIT: Sorry, not working.

I created a bookmarklet so that everyone can easily access the subway project map.

Here's how to add it to your bookmarks bar.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next