Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Bugs & Game issuesFrozen Mobs
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Frozen Mobs

The past few days I have found some frozen mobs. They do not move and you can only get one hit on them. I have logged off then back on and they are still there. These were on LukeCreative's Kingdom lot on the surface. I try shooting them with arrows and the arrows bounce off or float in the air. Was a skelly once and another time was a creeper. Today Luke found several frozen mobs underground. Skellies, bats, spiders, zombies, a witch. A party in several caves. If any others have seen this please post here and where. Thank you.

No idea where that comes from. No idea how to fix it. We will have to wait for the next minecraft release 1.9.3, maybe it will be fixed then.

Vixen, can you get a screenshot of the Olaf and Sven mobs so I can show my girls? ;)

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I don't know if it is related, but I often find static mobs on my plot during the day time. But they become mobile when I'm within 'chase' range. At night they seem to move around normally. I know that MC generates static mobs in a certain radius around the player and then activates them when the player is closer, but this is MUCH closer that those ranges, say ~20 blocks, and they activate around 10 blocks away.

So I cursed myself. I experienced this last night. Two zombies and a creeper were frozen in place. I could hit them once, and then after that there was no reaction to my attacks. I also had arrows freeze mid-air.

Just FYI.

Confirming: villagers froze and stopped updating their states (after they are over selling sequence, they do not enter "willing" mode, do not move, do not allow selling/buying anew). Trading interface opens, but is useless. I tried to hit one with weapon - it froze in mid-air and stopped responding to any actions (can't be hit, can't be pushed etc)

Logging on/off didn't help. That happens in Empire, if that's important.

I was given a hint: to walk away without using teleportation/homes to let the server unload the chunks. In approx 8 minutes of staying far from the lot (beyond caching distance) the villagers unfroze.

A few days ago I took a few selfies on me hanging out with the mobs. This is the best one. They are frozen.

How can you do that? You are exploiting the poor's mob disabilities! PETM (Players for the ethical treatment of Mobs) will hear bout this! Mobs are not museum statues!

Its enough that they are killed just because you guys cannot handle their hugs.

Now you mock them as well. :-(