Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumOff-Topic: The LoungeGuild System Full Info
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Guild System Full Info

Page 1 of 2Next

Example of a guild.

Guild: DEN (actually, forget the guild name color system. that is gone. I didn't think about that.)

Leader (Alpha): red (DEN) < red

Ranks
Maximum of three rankings. No cost. Cannot add or remove. In-game, your name is visible like this:

(DEN)LittleRedWolfGal

What is affected for ranking is the guild name.

Rank Colors
Top Rank (Beta): Purple

Middle Rank (Gamma): Green

Bottom Rank (Omega): White

Members start at the lowest and get bumped up to the middle rank by the leader.

Guild Goals:

Leader controls member rankings and Guild Goals. There can be a Guild Uncs System. You can only add member slots during creation of guild. Anything from the guild name to the ranks are not allowed to be changed, under any curcumstance. Leaving a guild will give half of the Unc amount you paid for the guild, not the colors or member slots. Adding +5 to +30 can be added to a maximum of eight times. +50 to +100 slots are only able to be added once. Choose wisely, spend wisely. A guild's Uncs start at 50 uncs. The more Guild Goals you complete the more Uncs your guild receives. Each goal has a reward of five Uncs. Group or Raid goals can have from Uncs to items, even food as rewards. Each player gets a maximum of ten rewards every day, a maximum of ten Goals per day. Goals that give Uncs are not given to the player, but the guild. Guilds do not share or receive all of the same items.

Items:

Money
5 to 100 Uncs....................90%-100% or 50%-75%(common)

Weapons
DSword..............................1%-5%(ultra rare)
ISword................................10%-15%(rare)
GSword...............................25%-45%(uncommon)
SSword...............................50%-60%(common)
WSword.............................0%-100%(common)
Bow.....................................75%-100%(common)
EBow...................................10%-15%(rare)

Tools
Woode.n............................50%-75%(common)
Stone..................................50%-60%(common)
Gold....................................25%-45%(uncommon)
Iron.....................................10%-15%(rare)
Diamond............................1%-5%(ultra rare)

Food
All but eggs (eggs don't have the stack number at 64, only 16. Duh.) 45-50%(uncommon) (portions of 32)

MONEY

Buying Guild: 800 uncs (pays for name (250 U), members (250 U), colors (200) and rank names (100 U))
1 MS to 1 Unc. 250 Uncs - 250 slots. added slots:

(only times two)
+50 - 50 U
+75 - 75 U
+100 - 100 U

COMMANDS:

Creat the Guild
/cguild /createguild
/buyguild /bguild
/addslot [+ slot amount] [muiltiply by 2 (optional)]
/name [guild name]
/leaderrank /lrank [name of leader rank]
/toprank /trank [name of rank]
/middlerank /mrank [^]
/bottomrank /brank [^]
/member (this shows the amount of members in a guild. I thought it would be an easier add on.)
Exactly after creation of guild, you can't change anything. Even after a long time. So please be careful.

White rank have simple goals and can join intermediate Raids. Green can join intermediate-rough. Purple can join all, as well as Red. That was pretty simple. Raids are done in the Darklands. Or the Netherworld. Whichever one can spawn monsters. Raiding Goals will probably take a lot more to do and can be a seperate part. I'm sorry if it's complicated. It IS a Guild System, so...

Guild sheets can be seen by the Leader of a guild. Members can't see it, only the amount of members.

Note!

All of the easy stuff can be done first, complicated last. A test run of how the guild system will feel like is plausible.

GUILD SHEET!

Guild Leader Name
TOP RANK MIDDLE RANK BOTTOM RANK
member name member name member name

That is the guild sheet ^

Hope you liked this. It took me a lot to think about, a lot of important stuff. I don't think a video is necessary. I think I did a good job of explaining. Any questions that are answer-able please ask away. Any comments, speak away. Y'know. Hope you like!

Sincerely,

LRWG ?

Ma'am, could you please add more ranks? I think only have 3 is kind of hard to make due with ..

But the whole idea I support, this is great!

Maybe we can make an exception of five ranks ;) or maybe six OoO
Three new colors! woo!

New ranks:

Leader: Red
1(top rank): Orange
2: Yellow
3: Green
4: Blue
5: Purple
6: White

How's that? I think I like it! :3 ???

Oh! Also, remove 5-30 for adding slots. I think that's too little, and too much scripting/command blocking.

Thank you ma'am!

Btw, Your always welcome in the Crescent Moon. ( Pirate Guild )

Alright Unc, what do you say on the whole leadership thing then? I think it's pretty flawless.

This all sounds great but complicated and not easy to do. I am afraid that there is a lot of disappointment down the road if you guys plan on something that is in the end not feasible or simply too much work.

You guys have a choice: Either you decide from the get-go that this is a theoretical exercise and will not happen or you take a step back and have a discussion with me what you want to achieve in principle and then we can figure out what is possible and how we can get something done that will actually work and is possible to implement.

Perhaps this whole thing could be simplified to something that is similar to how towny worked with the old kingdom map(minus all the land ownership and plots and what not). Of course, the difference would be that instead of having a town to add members to, one could create some sort of log/list to add people to. In my honest opinion, it should be as simple as possible(if implemented) and only really have admin/leader(more than one per guild if possible) and member ranks. This would be useful for organizational purposes, to keep track of ACTIVE contributors to a project. As for all the other extra things suggested, it sounds a bit over the top to me, and I don't think it serves a great enough practical purpose for the work required. A simple list of people that you could check and alter with a couple commands should suffice. I don't even know if even this is simple to do, but it's all up to Uncovery.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.

I might add that I suggest this as a good place to start, and not as a dead end. Don't mean to underscore all the hard work that has gone into planning.

Aye, Little's put a lot of forth effort, How about we have a few temporary guilds pop up for the time being and see how they act before anything server-altering happens?

I wasn't here when Towny was used, so I don't know what that was like. And looking at what I posted above seems super-complicated. I guess beating down all of the hard things and just allowing the good stuff will be much easier. This was not an official list of all of the things that the Guild System would be like, but I just wanted people to build together and it not be on one specific person's lot in a world, but be as a group of people having fun and playing together, working in a small place and having a separate place to build their own stuff. I can start from a lot of the easier spots in the list above and remake the System to a much easier plan and a much easier way of making. I do have a voice in the back of my head telling me how big and dumb a lot of the stuff up there is, especially with how much this server does already. Someone else can take up that guild system and alter it for their server, it doesn't have to be just Uncovery. :)

I'm feeling sentimental today. :D

I'll eliminate all of the hard stuff. The simpler much easier things won't take too much.

I think it would be great if you leave away all the fancy detail and outline what the basic dynamics of the whole thing should be. The %, uncs, numbers etc should come last.

The questions one should be asking first is:

- whats the advantage of being in a guild?
- will there be a distinct difference between guilds (apart from the people in it?)
- what duties does a guild master have?
- Are there any strong requirements for special rights/features for guild members? and for masters?
- etc

Simpler way of a guild!

Either you pay or not, I don't know, but I'm gonna go with guilds are free.

Adding slots still cost, only three slots. 50, 75, and 100. :) Cost is the same as the slot's number. Max of 50 slots to start with.

Admins are top two ranks below leader, and can edit member ranks (do not be greedy! Choose your admins carefully).

Farming mobs is suggested, but for safety precautions don't build one inside the guild hall. Yeah, don't know what'll happen if you don't, and I bet it's not pretty.

Member ranks are equivalent to the vanity colors! Each color, each rank. Black - bottom rank. White - Leader.

Guild money system is still optional, and I suggest this because it'll be better than spending personal money. A max of 500 per month, I guess. Money can't be taken out! It's for guild purposes only...

All members can buy items to make a shop/building with the guild money, if there is a guild world. We'll just say City World! I'm kidding, no. That sounds stupid. XD

The guild's name is before your username and is colored based on rank. I'm keeping that idea.

That is all! Hope you liked this simpler version.

Advantages of a guild:

1. You are able to bond and form allies with people instead of fighting!
2. Everyone can have a group or guild of friends/family instead of wasting their own space on lot room and building areas.
3. With this, I guess more people will feel obligated to play.
4. It'll give Uncoverymen something to do, instead of strolling their lot and being bored, and also not playing because there's nothing to do.

The difference between guilds is the look, personal bonds, and the rules. Each leader can make rules posted in their guild hall (suggestion!).

The Leader (or guild master) - well, everyone is different, we're not all of the same, so Leaders will be given a chance to test their leadership skills and if they want to be a leader. Ask the people who Lead a group or guild. They'll tell you the goods on being a guild master.

I don't know all exactly what leaders have their own requirements. I guess just someone who's a true leader. I don't know. It all seems pretty complicated and I only slept for about eight hours. I'm a girl, we have personal problems.

Without scuppering the whole thing, guilds are not something I am entirely comfortable with on a minecraft server, i'm sure I am not the only one. I've seen it turn nasty when one guild/faction gets into a fight with another, members start backstabbing and being horrible etc. Guilds imo are the fastest and surest way to make cliques of people who then never interact with anyone else. A lot of people end up left out as well, excluded from guilds they aren't allowed into for whatever reason, or left on their own because they do not want to be part of a guild.

There are plenty of people who already have fun and build within friendship teams, or who know one another well enough to spend time on the server together, without anything official tying them to one another.

The reason people stay on this server is the natural friendships they form, and people of a generally caring nature being around, having guilds makes it a lot more business-like, and you can lose a lot that way.

Just my thoughts.

khyddinamaaani is completely right on the pros / cons of the having a guild thing;

Hence why I said we should have a ' Temporary ' Guild setup. With like 2-3 guilds around the server. And see how they interact internally and externally.

And that's also why I earlier suggested that there's a test-run and not just straight-up adding it. If it progresses nicely, we can put it on, but if not, it can go. It'll be over with and outta here if it fails.

I suggested also that friends make small guilds so they don't have to worry about anything else going wrong, like members turning on their guilds and fights starting out. Good ways of preventing that is the non-PVP. PVP mode is to be off, no times will it be allowed. This way the guilds stay nice and clean, and nobody can turn on anyone.

Greatly with Sincere,

LRWG ???

I like the idea, but I like to add about guild ranks. How about it costs Guild UNCS to buy Guild Ranks

A guess the main question is: Why can't you just organize guilds yourself? Why do you need something coded into the game to do it for you? Why would anyone pay Uncs for this privilege?

You don't need code to:

- Declare that you've formed a guild (you can do this on the forums)
- Decide on ranks, rules, and regulations
- Add guild members to your lots to allow build access and collaboration
- Plan PvE "raid" events together with your guild mates
- Buy Kingdom lots with pooled funds and do Guild Builds there

Users can (and do) do all of these things already.

If you're saying you do need code to do this because your guild is so large that you can't keep track of your members, then I'd worry that we're straying into old Towny territory, with one big guild that swallows everybody, so then what is the point after all?

If your guilds stay small, you should not need a bunch of advanced features to manage them for you. Heck, we already have a "Clans, Groups, and Teams" forum just for this sort of purpose!

So again, the question is, what additional functionality would a Guild System bring above and beyond what you can already do with a little self-organization and communication? Why is it worth the time and effort to implement it, and why would anyone pay Uncs to participate instead of just self-organizing?

Because it doesn't sound official, if your just self-organzing.

Page 1 of 2Next