Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumOff-Topic: The LoungeGuild System Full Info
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Guild System Full Info

PreviousPage 2 of 2

I could side with both things, to add or not add. Simply because I lead a little group here on the server.

Self Created, self organized. Ruthless and we also lay around and drink all day.

I think guilds should be self organized instead of needing a plugin. What if the leader of the guild goes inactive? Can the other co-leader of the guild kick the other? All guilds create conflict sooner or later in time. Either with power hungry members or the lower ranks want more. Also leaving for other guilds can cause conflict. I've seen guilds be torn apart by simple little things. riedi73,pinebenj,iamjonno23 have the biggest kingdom builds and they have gotten this far without guilds. Don't really see the point of having a guild when most of us are pretty much close together and work together with multiple people that are in different ''groups'' already.

The thing is a bit of a chick & egg game. One could argue that organizing something without an imposed structure and a preset of rules is difficult. Having some setup would ease people into it and allow for a faster buildup of guilds on the server.
However, you can argue in the same way that only if people are willing to organize something without such a setup, you will find people that actually support the system and thus help it to become really alive and not something that we use just for 2-3 weeks and then it falls out of fashion.

In my opinion, we should try to use what we already have and then slowly, if enough people join in, create systems to keep things organized.

What I would recommend is that people start using the forum to get organized within a guild and the vanity titles to show which guild they belong to. Define your own guild's rule in the forum and try to get people to buy into the idea. What does your guild stand for? Mining something specific and controlling the market price of a certain material? Protecting each other in the darklands? Sharing a common pool of items or a kingdom lot?

You have to have something that makes you identifiable and that is attractive for people to join in. Then you get followers and things will roll by themselves from then on.

" riedi73,pinebenj,iamjonno23 have the biggest kingdom builds and they have gotten this far without guilds. Don’t really see the point of having a guild when most of us are pretty much close together and work together with multiple people that are in different ”groups” already. "

The Imperium, 2 of those people are in it.
aka, a guild or a group.

Alright so unc, If I went straight to our Clans and Guilds forum right now, and typed up a detailed guild description and idea. You wouldn't either care, or mind?

no, all fine with me.

Wooo, Pirate Guild ftw.

PreviousPage 2 of 2