Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Bugs & Game issuesItem drop bug
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Item drop bug

I just wanted to report what I know about this bug. I can confirm that it happens in both kingdom and in world, so it's not solely a worldguard/towny thing. I cannot find the bug reported in bukkit's tracker, though maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

It seems to happen more frequently when there are many item drops happening at once. I was just moving some items in kingdom, and when I busted a chest, many of the items inside (several stacks worth) simply did not appear. I then confirmed that the chunk was glitched, and no further drops would occur.

I also have a semi-automatic melon farm in world which causes the glitch reliably and consistently on each harvest. About half the melons will drop, and then the chunk glitches. All of the farm is within the same chunk.

I cannot confirm that unloading and reloading the chunk actually works, as I have not been able to do that to successfully fix the glitch. I typically have to wait for server restart, and then the item drops will be there on the ground.

I suspect this'll probably be fixed with the next RB of bukkit, but since I couldn't find the bug thread, I thought I'd share my findings. Thanks.

Oh, the kingdom glitched chunk worked on chunk reload (left kingdom for several minutes, returned and it was fixed), so that does work. I simply can't get my world chunk to reload, for whatever reason, so if anyone has any suggestions...

I've tried:
1) Leaving world for a time
2) Returning to spawn for a time
3) Running around different areas for a time
4) Relogging

Maybe some combination of the above is particularly effective?