Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Rules & RegulationsNew Website Test
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New Website Test

Hello everyone!

Over the past month I have noticed a lot of users that join the website and ask ludicrous questions, most of which can be found on the website they 'read'.  This here the issue can be found.  Users are not reading the website and taking in what they should be taking in.

The reason I bring this to the attention of the server, is to allow for a reconfigured/new Settler's test.

Here is what I have come up with;

More detailed questions that ensures the reading has been done. This could be taking direct quotes from somewhere on the website and removing certain words that they must read and find. Example: "Do not place 1._______ stuff into the shop such as dirt blocks for 10k. I will reset 2._________ and eventually 3._____."
The answer to that question would be: 1. overpriced 2. your account balance 3. ban you.
The statement can be seen below and found here: http://uncovery.me/trading/
"Do not place overpriced stuff into the shop such as dirt blocks for 10k. I will reset your account balance end eventually ban you."
This will;

- bring down the absurd questions that already have answers on the site.

- reduce server drama.

- remove the users that will join for a day and never come back.

I hope you all are open minded and consider this.  If you have your own ideas then feel free to list them below. Thanks.

How is this different from the existing whitelist quiz and settler's test?

Is it the change to fill-in-the-blank rather than multiple choice?

Honestly, your suggestion is exactly the intent and purpose of the existing test.

The difference is that with multiple choice they can easily do trial and error.  Each question has a 25% chance of success.  If the test were to involve fill in the blanks, then there is no guessing. You know it, or you don't.

That is what I was trying to get at.  It forces them to actually read it then guess endlessly.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think that having people fill in the blanks will actually mean that they read.

They can then do a simple "search" for the text in the questions, and mindlessly fill in the blanks.  It will virtually guarantee that they won't read any of the text except that which is required for the question.

The rest of your post was honestly confusing.  We all know the point of the test is exactly what you described, so it was hard to tell your only real suggestion was to switch to fill-in-the blank.

The issue is that I would have to re-program the whole testing software.

Also I think that the biggest issue is that people on the server actually answer questions instead of sending people to the website. If I get one question answered, I will ask 500 more.