Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Possible problem with Skeletal trap spawns

Skeletal trap (i.e., skeletal horse that, when a player approaches, gets struck by lightning and spawns four 'Pale knights' (armed skeletal horsemen), may result in massive lag.

First, one can't harm them on someone else' lot, whilst they can harm anyone easily. That's but a minor problem, it's easy to build fences/walls to get safe.

Second, they never despawn. As a result, they accumulate. I see quite a pack of skeletal traps and the spawns roaming around my lots in Empire, already. Can something be changed to allow any players to hunt/destroy the spawns/traps?

Thanks.

I was pretty sure I had killed "apocalypse" skellies on a neighbouring lot but maybe my memory's wrong.

Did you try to hit any walking one? If you aim at a riding one maybe you hit the horse and that's what provoques the denial message (not that I doubt of your arrow accuracy ;p).

@stephdeg I have definitely missed the riders and hit their horses at times, but in either case (horse or skeleton hit by arrow) I go the message that I can't destroy them. Strange.

1) Why do people want to have them on their lot? Is there any benefit?
2) I can put a spawn limit on them if needed, like the headcount limits.
3) I assume they only form naturally? This is not a player-created issue?
4) Weird that you cannot fight them. You can fight other mobs, right? Why not those?

1. Me, personally, do not want skeletal traps anywhere :) They make game tougher; in vanilla Minecraft, even in multi-player, they bring real danger and challenge. Here they are far less formidable, since anyone can pretty soon brew Invisibility and avoid the worst.

2. The problem is that they are spawned as expected; they can't be destroyed under certain circumstances and they don't despawn.

Please come to Empire, (x:-196, y:74, z:898), look beyond the wall (to the North) and around the wall, to see a real collection of skeletal traps. God mode, flight and/or good armor recommended. :)

3. They form naturally, as explained in Minecraft manual - looks like, mostly, in proper amounts. However, I have several times had 3 to 5 skeletal traps spawned within my lot - if all triggered at once, that could be deadly to single player. Invisibility only tricks them if they are 3 blocks or farther from player.

4. Yes, only skeletal traps and resulting Pale knights are immune to my attacks. Note that if Pale knight steps beyond lot boundary, it soon becomes immune to my attacks.

Thanks.