Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Bugs & Game issuesStarving in game
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Starving in game

Today I was having issues with eating. The only thing that my character can eat is cake. Anything else does not work. I see that I am eating and hear but the hunger does not change. I thought this was lag on my part. Now others are having this issue. LukeCreative said that the server is working on around 47%. So for right now those that come and play, you might want to make or buy cakes.

It's just some server side lag. This can be caused by many things including from the player, and plugins and other things running on the server that can impact the runtime allocations. You can always check the current server lag levels by issuing the /tps command. The numbers at normal conditions should be green and at or near 20. In this case right now we're at about 9-10. This can also be handy in telling if it's just your client lagging or the server overall. I'm not noticing issues with other food sources as far as pumpkin pie, bread and baked potatoes are concerned. So you should be able to eat food as normal, but at a slower rate. As always, it's a good idea to follow the advice on the lag page.