Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

We need to step up our game.

Page 1 of 2Next

The Winter Palace from Minecraft

Biggest and most detailed Minecraft city ever from Minecraft

Stuff like this is a friendly challenge to our minecraft superiority.  While we clearly have the best community, some of these builds really raise the bar!  When the kingdom comes out, we can't let challenges like this go unanswered.  I think we have the best builders in all of minecraft.  We can continue to put out the best stuff.  I believe in you, uncoverites!

P.S.  We should probably also increase the draw distance on the server to play it safe. :-P

http://minecraftmaps.org/tag/airport/

They may look nicer at first glance; however those builds were likely built using  creative and worldedit. In around a year, I believe we will have a city world far more impressive than that so-called "most detailed minecraft city ever". In addition, we will be able to call it a survival build. :)

Though there is one build we will likely never match. A 20000x20000 city build. Take a look.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/project-1845/

That project is just awesome, but in the time they still have left until they are finished (4-10 years) I think we "could" have an even bigger city. And that one isn't "legit" either. The main difference is that that is one big project whereas our city consists of many smaller projects.

the other day someone joined the server and was looking around and said this server is so world edited and they were shocked when we told them it was almost all survival built

I know, that's just one of the most insane projects i've seen though.

Guys, I have an idea. Unc could maybe set out like an application to select builders. through the use of skype, teamspeak, some legos and graph paper, we could build a seriously awesome city, town, castle, etc.. The applications would be for main builders. Obviously an Elder or Master would be chosen first over a Settler, but we could actually make something great if us Uncovrians put our minds to it. And say you dont get in through the application. Maybe a Smal town area could be poen so every user can build a 25x25x25 house there. That way truly everone is involved. I think it would be nice to see what a true Full server build could do. maybe this is what the kingdom can become? An integrated society? a utopia? I do think that we could work together and build something that Could get to the Front page of every Minecraft dedicated site.

TL;DR The Kingdom could become a giant server castle, city, town etc. and Buildesr would be selected. At the end every member or the server helped in some way.

Sorry 'bout the long pot :P

I was thinking about this more. Still only theoretical. We could turn off mobs for this Kingdom world (no relation to kingdom. maybe)and just spawn a world like in a plains/ hills Biome. We could set up a giant mine and farms to get supplies. Community chests so that everything is sorted. But this world should be separate from the other survival so that its legit and no item swaps. maybe a couple world edits for tedious and repetitive small houses and shops, except for the custom user ones. Also since we want this near 100% legit everything should be manually mined and built. im sure if Unc was nice we would have superpicks for it to be a bit easier :P. Anyways.... i think if everyone joined in on at least getting the supplies i thnk the Masters, Elders, even some Architects and Citizens could do this. i do believe we can make something great. ive been thinking all day over this when i first saw the post. I would like updates if possible :). I BELIEVE IN US!!!!!!

Quite the inspiration speech there Knarz! I agree with...everybody and think that's it's time for another big kingdom project.

I like Knarz' idea, but without the part where worldedit was mentioned. If we do this in survival it shouldn't be "near 100% legit" but "100% legit". No superpickaxe or copy paste. Everything handbuilt.

I'm in for any building project as long as we start from scratch, no stuff from other worlds

I think as long as mobs didnt get in the way we could make it  100% legit. We would need everyone in on it.  Looks like electrofuzz is definitely in XD. I would like some feedback from Uncovery on this matter though.

I can do a world with separate inventory but I am not sure how this application. This is tricky. How do you want this to happen? I am not sure.

Actually all we need is a vanilla world with mobs turned off. Only trusted people have access to it through an application or such. Also preferrable use a world see to spawn us in a plains or hills biome. Anyone got any ideas? The entire thing will be legit. Im sure all of the good builders on the server wouldnt mind helping ;)

Everything in empire is already "legit."  We don't need to start over to build something amazing.  The builders of uncovery have always  built the best stuff despite/because they're in survival.

There's a disadvantage to having too many worlds.  Each world should serve as specific purpose.  Each world shouldn't overlap with the purpose of another.

Knarz:

• Biome specific worlds are not possible. The max I can do is a largebiome world, but only when multiverse plugin updates since the current version does not do it
  • define trusted people. define application. define "or such". Who makes the questions? Who evaluates? Who takes responsibility? I don't have time for that. Do you?
  • I am planning to create a kingdom as we had it before once multiverse updates. There will be an option to protect with preciousstones. Everyone can control areas they buy for uncs. people can give others access rights. Is that not enough for what you want to do?

I love Knarz idea but I got to side with Sockso.

I do agree with you sockso. But everyones builds is separate. Thats THEIR build. MY build. YOUR build. But there is no OUR build. I do think a full server cooperative MegaBuild would be fun and just turn out amazing.

One idea that I had was to have a huge hunger games. We could get the best builders on Uncovery to build a map and then play it.

I have been testing an adventure map that you have 30 mins to build a nether portal before map is destroyed and you die. that could be a hunger alternative. But thats off topic. Does anyone want to do a MegaBuild thats server wide?

Page 1 of 2Next