Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumHelp: Bugs & Game issuesWither on the Server
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Wither on the Server

So, I'm not sure how many people have seen the new mob boss, the Wither.  He is able to be built in the overworld in a very similar fashion to the iron golem.  However, he flies about once summoned and launches explosion skulls.  The point of bringing this up is that I am very curious how he is going to fit in on the server.  Will he actually be able to be summoned? Once summoned, will his attacks actually destroy blocks?  If they do, will they destroy blocks on others' lots?  Obviously, my main concern is that an uncaring neighbor summons a Wither, loses control, and my builds are destroyed.  Now, from what I know about Uncovery in the past month that I've been active, we're not going to let that happen.  But does nerfing the Wither mean that Nether Stars will be too easy to farm?  Will this lead to an overflow of Beacons being built?  Should there be a limit on Beacons to reduce lag?  Just some things I've been thinking about that I'd love to see addressed before the server goes to 1.4 :)

I guess summoning the wither will probably be disabled in the empire.  My thought is that summoning the wither would be permitted in the darklands only, but that does raise a concern about the wither destroying some of the infrastructure players worked so hard to build.  We could have the wither fight only in a special world like hunger, but that's a lot of work to set up...

Maybe someone clever will work out a bukkit plugin that'll help. :)

I would suggest to make it impossible to summon the wither WHEREVER. The griefing potential is just too high. We have to find some other ways to deal with that.

So how would everyone get beacons? Would we just have to buy them for a high price?

I do not know yet. We will figure out a way.

meybe sell nether stars in the shop for 100 like all the other blocks?

I just have to take that as a joke, slice14459. XD

yeah, i want a beacon, but the wither is just too powerful.  maybe a wither arena where you can warp in with items, fight, then leave with the star?

hmmm........... we have Enderdragon fights. Maybe some sort of Wither arena can be built that spawns a Wither? But to enter you enter a special portal after creating a party of people? And at the end a nether star is deposited into each user? Just an idea.