Thanks a lot to all for the submissions for the latest contest. There has been really some awesome productions out there. I had a hard time judging those. This is why there will be no single winner again this time!
I have been looking at the following:
- How does it look from the outside (form & materials)?
- Is the inside nicely designed with love for detail?
- Is the overall function idea new?
- Is there stuff in there one can actually use?
- Is there something really new or just a different version of things we have seen already?
- Usability Details such as the staircase, signage, doors etc, like in a real building
So I have chosen the best in the categories:
- So the best outside design was for the hotel, the resort, the clock tower, the bank and the mall (in no particular order).
- The best function ideas are (again no order) the bank, the resort and the clock tower
- The best inside detail goes to (again no order) the hotel, the resort and the red-stone tutorials
So you can guess this will be hard to give out prices. So here is the verdict:
- Daiyamondo gets 1st place for his Hotel
- Stractor ALSO gets 1st place for the Resort
Both win a stack of diamonds or the level upgrade. Additionally:
- Sockso (clock tower)
- ChickenHotDisco (bank)
- kgirtxd (red-stone)
- hardcorepuding (mall)
get second prize for their work, a stack of diamonds, too (but no level upgrade option) ;-D
Please note that this was quite difficult. Those that have not been mentioned, there was some great work in either of the categories but those mentioned excelled in more than one thing in my opinion. If you feel you had deserved more, send me a message and I either explain you why not (if you can take it :-) ) or reconsider your proposal!
I will transfer all the winners to the city center within the next days. Congratz again to all!