Ok, so 1.4.2 is out. Here again what happens:
- We have now a temp server with the 1.4.2 version running.
- That temp server is reachable if you enter uncovery.me:25564 into your minecraft client
- This normal world map of this temp server will become the new darklands in the future. So treat it nicely!
- Everything that you build on this server will be transferred once we upgrade the main server. That includes normal chests and builds. That does NOT include your user inventory and enderchest inventories. Those will be LOST on upgrade.
- There is no protection against griefing on the server except for the whitelist. Also, the whitelist there is currently not updated. Newly whitelisted users cannot join it. I will enable that later.
- We know from experience that people will grief. It is still bannable. But you better hide your stuff since it is hard to detect.
- If you are playing on the 1.4.2 and go voting, the voting rewards will pop out in the 1.3.2 server. You will be able to access them once we are upgrading or if you downgrade your client to play there.
- We still keep the normal main server running as-is.
- Once we can upgrade that server to 1.4.2, we will delete the currently existing darklands and all that is in there. That will not affect enderchests and player inventories but it WILL affect builds and normal chests in the darklands.
- Everything else, your lots, your money etc will be transferred.
- Regarding the nether in the current main server, There is no decision yet. One option might be to simply move the spawn to a different location.
You can choose if you want to play 1.3.2 with all your current builds and protection OR on 1.4 with the new features, but w/o proper protection and in a new world. In order to stay on 1.3.2, it is important that you do NOT upgrade your minecraft client when asked to do so. Once you upgrade, you cannot re-download the 1.3.2 version from legal sources. You can however keep 1.3.2 on your computer with a tool and run 2 versions at the same time with a special tool. Use MC Jar switcher or Magic launcher. Also see this here.