Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Tournament Style PvP Arena

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

This would be a good idea Clas , and I would go with you on it if it wasnt for a few things...

Concern 1: Wouldnt this kinda clog the chat trying to organize it? I mean , asking everyone if they want to join or not , people saying yes (or no) , and trying to get everything organized would be kind of a chaotic mess. (Not saying we couldnt do it orderly , just saying it would be somewhat hard to)

Concern 2: Some people are greedy. Unless we have a referee (I know I spelled that wrong , dont judge :P ), I think atleast someone would get cheated out of ther winnings. And since someone will be bitter , that will revert to either complaining in the chat , or whining about it. Not saying it will always happen , just saying there is a possability it could.
-No offense intended , and sorry for the spam-ish post
-Miner

Would anyone be interested in just trying it out? just to see if it would work?

I would still love to have arenas in Kingdom where PVP was allowed every day. Super easy to have a fight there. Different cities that have been build could all host an arena, where anyone could go and fight.

I still love the DL PVP for what it is though, a whole world that is open for killing for a day is great. If only someone wasnt so crazy with it.

I would suggest that we set aside an Aether lot for PVP. You guys can build an arena, and then you can setup your own battles in it.

in reply to miner's post i would like to have certain people that are on alot to be event starters like people who want to have a battle message them with /tell and they get it started or have a set day and time for the event also in respone to uncovery if we have a dedicated aether lot we will need a set warp point to it so people dont have to travel so far to get to it because some of the walkways get really dark and make it hard to stay on at times

if i make a blueprint per say can one of yall make it look better like i build it out of cobble so yall know what the design will be and someone who builds better than me makes it look better? i have a few designs in mind but im not that good yet...

Clas, if you could use punctuation, your text would be much easier to read.

I would suggest that we take one lot and make a drop-in zone. People warp where it's safe and then have several exits where they can go to minimize spawn-camping. Something similar to the drop in the wither arena.

Yeah, sorry about punctuation. It's a little hard on an iPod Touch, but I'll try.

Clas , It would be whole lot easier to take this idea seriously if we didnt have such a problem with people and pvp.
I would give an upvote to this idea if we knew for certain that no one would get mad at other people beacuse of pvp , thus making this a whole waste of time. So we would need to get all the other stuff organized first before we get into the whole thing.
Now you see how uncovery feels when he tries to start something new ^^
-Miner

Yes I see how he feels. The thing is, I posted this here so people could give ideas and suggestions, but then people started complaining about one person instead of giving ideas or suggestions. So it makes it hard to figure out what needs working on and what is good to go if people don't comment about the idea, and instead argue about who does what in pvp and who does not follow the rules. This is why i came up with this idea so there are rules and regulations to keep this from happening hopefully. Of course there will be someone who does not like a certain rule or part of it you can't always please everyone. So miner the reason no one took it seriously is because when, AKmeximoTX, made his comment everyone started jumping on him instead of giving ideas and suggestions. Which is what I asked for to start with. Now if everyone could please give some suggestions and ideas to make this better please do I am open to all ideas.

Also since Uncovery has given us a lot in Aether to make the arena will I get help to make it if I do the blueprints for it?

I think everyone should help,not just one set of blueprints. It becomes bigger over time.Think of a mini group project. You have to ask the elders anyway. More than one drop point will have to be added so its random for people who jump in. High enough for names to not be visible. So it may become a big arena. Could also put a random warp on it if unc wants to do that.Making a blueprint from one person is well. Kind of bad sense it doesnt give other people their share if they want to contribute to the layout of the build.

That is why I asked for ideas and help building it since I have an idea for the general layout of it, but if others have a better idea then by all means show me or tell me.

Things like this work well when the creative guys get on at the same time and just go for it in my opinion.

Arena building this Sunday? Anyone? Maybe unc can set us up with building rights and we can get this done this weekend?

I think a big main floor on the bottom, on the floor we can have several low walls for hiding and archery. Platforms and walkways around the sides as well for fighting.

We can have an observation area with a big glass wall for those that want to watch but not fight, or use it as a staging area for the next battle.

If I'm on I'l help. One big glass wall with views to look on all the levels of the arena? Ladders or stairs to get to the top and back down. Or glass boxes at the ceiling to look down on the entire arena of the levels. This can be done in a day depending how many help. Has to be above the void level so players without optifine don't get hindered by the fog.

I would say glass boxes up high for people who are fighting to watch others fight in between their fights. Also I would like to know what are we gonna do about prizes? Do we charge a fee and that be the prize between the top 3, or do we come up with items donated to the arena for prizes? Another thing is what type of battles will we have will it be free-for-all, teams, tournament, singles, or just challenges? and depending on the battle type we would want to make the arena fit the battle type otherwise if you have a single battle in a huge arena it would take a while for the fight to end. For bigger battles goes the same thing in smaller arenas it would be too chaotic.

I know you guys may have already thought of this but I just want to make sure everyone is on the same page so no arguments break out while building

An arena is an arena. Terms should be made upon the people who enter them,not by someone on the sidelines unless they want to bet who wins I would think. Shouldn't the drops be the prizes if they agree to no give backs. Some do it for fun to kill eachother, should we charge them too? Also,who collects the fee and can give it back? Not like theirs a pot for the auto winner.Give prizes to the ones who want to give them. I've known pine to give out some gold for hunger games. I've done it a few times. Unc doesn't want to install anymore mods and do with what we can.

Sleepy that is why I was asking instead of just assuming 'cuz you know what happens when you assume don't you? I just wanted to be on the same page as everyone else so I wasn't in the dark about anything.

Prizes do NOT need to be determined when building the arena. We can include a floor that has 1 block diferences in height that could be a pre determined area for single person combat. The arena can have "zones" that way people can fight any way they choose, organized or not. Or, the whole thing could just be an enter at your own risk arena. That is the beauty with a build party. we can all decide as we build. NO pre-design blueprint. There are some amazing builds on this server from people that were not pre planned.

I say we go for it. We have a general idea. Let people comment with wish list suggestions until Sunday and if Unc says it's cool, we start building.

Until then, gather resources. we will need a lot of everything. If you can donate to the arena, comment with your donations too. I am on in the evenings, Feel free to meet up with me and I can take and hold material donations for the arena. I am sure Sleepy and some of the elders can do the same.

suggested materials:
Stone brick
Smooth Stone
Cobble
Netherrack
Glowstone
Glass
All colors of wool (for zone marking for single player etc.)
Wood
Fences (cobble and wood)
Stairs
ladders

Thats all I can think of right now, but I am not in charge, just trying to help.

Glass is covered. Sleepy dropped off a few thousand blocks. I have been mining smooth stone, and am up to a double chest full of that.

Anyone else want to help with donations?

Also, Unc, would it be possible to make people warp into the arena with nothing, like skyblock or Hunger games? if we set up a warp like that would enderchests still work? Then you would have to put things into an enderchest before going in, and scramble to get to one placed around the arena to get your weapons and armor.

Not sure if that is possible at all, but I thought it sounded cool.

Jonno that would be a good idea, but what if we done it where people warped into a locker room with a one-way piston door and an enderchest and the door leads to the arena. That way if there's more than two people in the arena then you won't have people fighting over an enderchest.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next